Your privacy is important
“We”, “us”, “our” and Tanji’s” means Tanji’s Art Supplies Ltd
Our approach to handling data
At Tanji’s, we collect and use limited amounts of data, including personal information, for a range of reasons. In handling data we will comply with all relevant laws, but we also want to ensure that we meet the following expectations:
Improve the customer experience - We will use customer data responsibly to improve the customer experience and deliver more relevant products, services and offers Be transparent - We will clearly explain how we collect and use customer data
Make it simple and easy - We will minimise disruption to the customer shopping experience by making it simple and easy to provide consent
Collection of personal information
1. The types of information that we collect about you could include:
• identification information, including name, contact details, including home/business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
• details about purchases, product or service preferences, transaction history and current or pending transactions, browsing and marketing interactions (such as the products viewed or added to your shopping cart) on this website.
• digital information, such as cookies (which are small data files transferred onto devices when a website or apps are accessed), tags and pixels (which ’tag’ devices), device type and software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), location data (where available and not disabled by the user).
• payment information where you have paid by credit card, debit card or payment methodology.
• images from video surveillance and other cameras used in and around our stores.
• We will usually collect personal information about you directly from you.
Often you can deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym, but in this situation we may not be able to provide you with the full range of services available. For example, we will not be able to deliver products to you if you do not provide us with address details for the delivery.
2. The main ways we collect personal information are:
• during your order or purchase of products from us;
• when you contact or visit us, including visiting a store, making an inquiry, making a complaint or providing feedback, seeking a refund, attending an event, or if you are a supplier or service provider in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to us;
• if you participate in any competition or promotion that we conduct;
• through our security cameras.
• from any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to us;
Use and disclosure of personal information
3. We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business
4. We may use your personal information to:
• sell, deliver, administer, improve and personalise our products and services;
• administer our website and apps and personalise your experience on them;
• provide advice regarding our products and services to you;
• process payments;
• manage our stores, supply arrangements and inventory;
• consider feedback and remedy complaints that you may make to us, communicate with you and operate our customer service centre;
• provide refunds and exchanges and undertake and administer product recalls;
• promote and advertise our products and services (e.g. by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
• personalise advertising and content displayed to you (including the layout and content of our website/app, and advertisements displayed to you on or via third party websites, apps or platforms such as Facebook);
• monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis, or seeking feedback from customers;
• assist in determining your product or service preferences;
• to derive insights about you in order to better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, enhance the products and services you receive, and to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you;
• in the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
• to monitor and measure the use of our websites or apps, including web-based referral channels, data entered and digital behaviour such as links clicked;
• to maintain and update our records; and for purposes related to any of the above or which are disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected.
Security and storage
5. Tanji’s will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold. We have security measures in place to protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, Tanji’s seeks to ensure that personal information held electronically by or for Tanji’s is held on secured servers in controlled facilities. Accessing and correcting your information and questions
6. You can request access to your personal information, or request that your information be corrected, by contacting us at the address below.
7. If you have a question about this Policy or wish to make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your personal information, please contact us at the address below. We may need to contact you for further details.
8. If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act 2020 to make a complaint to the Office of the NZ Privacy Commissioner to resolve that complaint.
How to contact Tanji’s
9. You can contact us in writing or by email as set out below:
Tanji’s Art Supples Ltd Privacy Officer
58 Castles Road, Oropi, RD3, Tauranga
Changes to this Policy
10. Tanji’s may update this Policy from time to time. We may let you know of significant changes to this Policy by posting a notification on our website. The current version of this Policy will always be available on our website and was last updated in September 2023.